Growing Vegetables in Straw Bales
A handy little reference for do-it-yourselfers! Growing Vegetables in Straw Bales: Easy Planting, Less Weeding, Early Harvests provides great advice for low-maintenance straw bale gardening. Not only do bales of straw offer a better medium for growing vegetables, you can also reuse them for mulch or soil amending after the harvest! Paperback, 96 pages.
Inside the cover:
• How to select bales for super crops
• Another step toward self-reliance
• Prep and fertilization techniques
• Illustrated step-by-step instructions
• Useful information for beginning gardeners and homeowners
Author, blogger and educator, Craig LeHoullier is a long-time gardener (he’s passionate about tomatoes!) and advisor for Seed Savers Exchange. He enjoys being with and in front of other gardeners and is a guest speaker at some pretty incredible locations across the country.