Q & A
Welcome to the Planet Natural Garden Forum! Whether you’re new to gardening or have been at it for some time, here you can search existing messages for answers to your questions or post a new message for others to reply to. If this is your first visit, please read over our forum instructions carefully before posting. Enjoy!
- Forum Name
- Latest Post
Ask A Gardener
Have a gardening question? We’ve got answers. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned veteran, Planet Natural’s community of avid gardeners can help.
- praying mantis eggs – planning a spring order
Compost happens… but it happens a whole lot faster when you know how! Share tips and post your composting questions here.
- Is it OK to have pill bugs in your compost?
If it’s grown in a pot or a planter you’ll find it here.
- Potting Soil WITHOUT fertilizers or pesticides ???
Tell us something about yourself. Where are you from, what do you like to do, and how long have you been gardening?
- just wanted to say hi
All things asthetic! Talk about design ideas, garden plans, color techniques and more. Feel free to post pics of your garden.
- Organic soil for raised planter
Share tips and ask questions about indoor gardening. Lighting, hydroponics, plants, equipment and just about anything else.
- What grow light is best for foliage plants?
Lawns & Landscapes
The grass doesn’t have to grow greener next door! Ideas for keeping your yard healthy, safe and looking great.
- Can I use neem oil on my lawn?
A general discussion for all things organic!
- Applying organic fertilizer to potatoes
Pests, Weeds & Disease
Plant 911. All you need to know about managing pests. Includes insects, disease and weeds.
- How do you keep sweat bees away?
The “divas” of the flower world, roses can be temperamental and difficult to grow. We can help!
- Which fertilizer is best for hybrid tea roses?
Genetically Modified Foods
Feel strongly about GMOs? Here’s the place to find and discuss the latest news on GMOs and genetically modified foods.
- Farmland vs. GMO Contamination
Seeds & Seed Starting
Growing plants from seed is not always an easy task. Share information to ensure that your seeds get off to a healthy start.
- What is the difference between treated and untreated seeds?
Soils, Mixes & Mulch
If you’re looking for the fastest ticket to a lush, organic garden, it all starts at ground level.
- What’s the difference between sunshine mix 1 and 4?
Top dog in the vegetable patch, tomatoes are delicious and delightful … let’s discuss!
- Why is there a hard core in my tomato?
- Ask A Gardener