Learn how to create a sustainable food production system with this must read book. The Bio-Integrated Farm: A Revolutionary Permaculture-Based System Using Greenhouses, Ponds, Compost Piles, Aquaponics, Chickens, and More teaches us how to increase the productivity of our landscapes with less effort and reliance on outside resources. The process is simple — put nature to work through intelligent design. Paperback, 384 pages.
Inside the cover:
• Groundbreaking insights into permaculture
• In-depth information about a wide range of projects
• Ideal for market farmers, serious gardeners and homesteaders
• Another step toward self sufficiency
• Easy-to-follow format with color photos and illustrations
Shawn Jadrnicek, author and current manager of the Clemson University Student Organic Farm, brings system farming and permaculture to a whole new level. In this book, he draws on his many experiences and shares with readers the creative experiments that have helped him simplify the operation of this 125-share CSA farm.