Homegrown goodness for table, freezer and pantry. The Backyard Homestead Book of Kitchen Know-How: Field-to-Table Cooking Skills shows you how to bridge the gap between field and table, covering topics from curing meats to canning fruits and vegetables, plus a whole lot more. The author’s experience and easy-to-follow instructions prepare you with the skills to make the most of everything you harvest. Paperback, 368 pages.
Inside the cover:
• An indispensable guide for beginning homesteaders
• Another step toward self sufficiency
• Easy-to-follow format with charts and diagrams
• All the techniques you need to get the most from homegrown foods
• Dozens of simple and delicious recipes
Andrea Chesman is the author of several cookbooks that focus on traditional techniques and fresh-from-the-garden cooking. She teaches and does cooking demonstrations and classes across the United States.