Botany for Gardeners
Plants are more than beautiful specimens! Botany for Gardeners (3rd edition) by Brian Capon takes you into a plant’s inner workings for a thorough but concise botany introduction. This revised edition includes photos, drawings and even electron microscope images. Recommended as one of the best hands-on reference guides today! Paperback, 268 pp.
• Cell structure and growth
• How seeds germinate
• Root systems
• Herbaceous and woody stem development
• Edible plant characteristics
• Plant adaptations for protection against pests and diseases
• Osmosis and photosynthesis
• Managing overall plant development
• Flowering, fruiting and pollination
• Genetic engineering
“The language is straightforward, the concepts well presented and the information proffered in terms that will make sense to hands-on gardeners.” – Horticulture
Affiliate Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Some links may be affiliate links. We may get paid if you buy something or take an action after clicking one of these links.