Mushrooms of the Rocky Mountain Region
Chock-full with 265 color photos and helpful details, including keys for identification and a clear, color-coded layout, Mushrooms of the Rocky Mountain Region is the go-to field guide for this fascinating fungi. Recommended for enthusiasts, hikers and naturalists. Paperback, 298 pages.
Inside the cover:
• Covers Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming, as well as adjacent areas in Montana and Idaho
• Describes more than 220 species
• Color photographs and helpful keys make identification easy
• Tips on how to recognize and avoid poisonous species
• Easy to read, color-coded layout
Author Vera Stucky Evenson is the curator of the Sam Mitchel Herbarium of Fungi at Denver Botanic Gardens. She is a past president of the Colorado Mycological Society and received the North American Mycological Association’s Award for her 30 years of dedication and expertise in the field.