Look up in the sky! It’s a bird! It’s a plane! No, it’s an incredibly versatile Garden Hod! First used by New England clammers, these sturdy Harvest Baskets are the perfect blend of art, traditional craftsmanship and utility. Uncommonly sensible — you can harvest, wash and carry your fresh garden veggies all in the same basket.
Pike’s Original Garden Hod is handmade in Maine from quality hard and soft woods (including a steam-bent oak handle) and lobster trap wire — a durable stainless steel mesh, covered with food-grade vinyl. It’s our favorite discovery, with ALL kinds of other uses around the home, yard and garden.
• A great gift any time of year!
• Quick mess-free harvests — from garden to countertop in minutes!
• Weather-resistant, hand-rubbed oil finish (includes branded logo)
• Traditional craftsmanship — it’s a functional work of art!
• Capacity: 16 quarts (two pecks)
• Made in the USA
Size: 11” x 7-1/4” x 19-1/4” long
Some vegetable crops not only survive the first frost, they come out of the garden tasting even better than before. Kale and broccoli especially gain a sweetness from a light frost that can’t be matched by anything picked earlier in the season. Other members of the brassica family — cabbage, kohlrabi and brussels sprouts — also do well with frost.