Revised and updated with full-color photos, Natural Beekeeping: Organic Approaches to Modern Apiculture, 2nd Edition is an invaluable resource for novice beekeepers and experienced apiculturists alike. Readers will learn tips and techniques for healthy hive management without toxic chemicals, strategies for urban environments and more. Paperback, 304 pages.
Inside the cover:
• Basics of bee biology and anatomy
• The best organic strategies for keeping honey bees healthy
• Identifying and working with queens
• Harvesting honey & marketing bee related products
• Beautifully written and illustrated
Ross Conrad, the author of this wonderful book, has taught bee-related workshops throughout North America and takes a natural, holistic approach to caring for these magnificent pollinators. He owns a small apiary business in Vermont and provides bees for apple-pollination in spring.