The #1 Japanese Beetle Control! Milky Spore (Bacillus popilliae) targets and discriminately works to attack the white grubs of Japanese Beetles. Spreads naturally as each infected beetle larvae dies, decomposes and releases billions of new spores into the soil. Time must be allowed for this process to completely saturate a treated area (2 to 4 years), but only one application is required as the disease continues to multiply on its own, as long as larvae are present. When there is no longer a grub infestation, the disease remains dormant, waiting for subsequent populations. This product is NOT registered for sale in California, Washington, Oregon, Montana and many other states west of the Mississippi.
According to the USDA, Milky Spore can suppress the development of large Japanese beetle populations. This product is NOT harmful to humans, pets or wildlife. Visit the Environmental Protection Agency (PDF format) to learn more about B. popilliae.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
- Apply 1 level teaspoon on top of grass in spots every 4-feet in rows 4-feet apart.
- Use 1 lb on 4,000 square feet of turf and 10 lb per acre.
- Apply any season of the year when the ground is NOT frozen.
- Water lightly after application.
- Areas between spots will be inoculated naturally, which may require several years.
- 10 oz. treats 2,500 square feet
- 40 oz. treats 10,000 square feet
How do I know if I have Japanese beetle grubs in my lawn?
Grubs feed on the roots of your grass which can become brown and die. Simply lift the dead grass and look for white larvae curled into the shape of a “C” about the size of a penny. Active grubs can completely destroy a lawn.
Purchase by the case and save! Please call 1-800-289-6656 for pricing.