Pure and natural, Premium Black Owl Organic Biochar is exceptional because of its high surface area, high porosity, high activity, low bulk density and low ash content. Use it to enrich the soil ecosystem and enhance soil fertility permanently. Beneficial microbes and fungi love it! OMRI Listed for use in organic production.
• Builds fertility and organic matter in soils
• Water-holding capacity = 5-6X its weight, good in droughts
• Hosts an array of beneficial soil microbes and fungi
• Helps retain nutrients in the soil longer — boosts plant growth!
• Improves pH of acidic soils
• Contains no less than 70% organic carbon
Available in 1 cubic foot bags.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
Vegetable & Flower Beds: Broadcast 1/2″ to 1″ over the entire growing area and incorporate with other amendments 4″ to 6″ deep. Water thoroughly.
Container Gardens: An application rate of 5%-10% is typical to maximize the utility of your potting mix.
Hydroponics: Add 1 Tbsp to 1 quart of liquid nutrients for greater roots, more vigorous plants and greater budding.
Compost: In a tumbling composter, mix 10% by volume and incorporate into the composting process. For pile composting add a layer with each addition of organic material.
Produced from virgin wood waste from sustainably managed forests.