Q & A

Welcome to the Planet Natural Garden Forum! Whether you’re new to gardening or have been at it for some time, here you can search existing messages for answers to your questions or post a new message for others to reply to. If this is your first visit, please read over our forum instructions carefully before posting. Enjoy!

#175712 Reply

Thank you. I have now learned a lot. From now on I shall not make puree of scraps but chop them. There would be too much liquid if pureed. By the way I get a lot of fermented liquid making kefir from dairy milk. There are many types of fermented milk that we can buy here but I prefer to make my own, Fermented milk is a traditional foodstuff in Sweden. It took me some time to get used to it but now I love it. Kefir is like yoghurt not Swedish but I think it is most beneficial and it is definitelty the easiest to make. Bokashi is new to me. I have a normal compost in my allotment and a miniature vermicompost in my flat. The only problem I have found is preventing swamp gnats from invading it.