- You cannot add "Hortilux MH" to the cart because the product is out of stock.
High Pressure Sodium
Bigger yields for your $$$! High Pressure Sodium grow bulbs (aka HPS lamps) operate by igniting a mixture of gases within a sealed ceramic arc tube. This high efficiency light radiates energy in the yellow-red-orange spectrum (2100K) to stimulate flowering and fruit production. Designed for horticultural use with magnetic and electronic ballasts.
• Quality results at a budget price!
• One of the most efficient HID bulbs available
• Lower energy costs — produces up to 130 lumens per watt!
• Saves money — up to 40,000 hour life
• Warranty: 1-year
250 Watt – 28,500 initial lumens (Sylvania Lumalux®)
400 Watt – 50,000 initial lumens (GE Lucalox®)
600 Watt – 90,000 initial lumens (GE Lucalox®)
1000 Watt – 140,000 initial lumens (Xtrasun®, 2000K)
Many indoor growers switch to this red/ orange spectrum, which is similar to the harvest sun, when it is time to induce flowering/ fruiting of their plants.