Q & A

Welcome to the Planet Natural Garden Forum! Whether you’re new to gardening or have been at it for some time, here you can search existing messages for answers to your questions or post a new message for others to reply to. If this is your first visit, please read over our forum instructions carefully before posting. Enjoy!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jack 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

• growing white sage

Created by Jack on

Hello,

My name is Jack and I am trying to figure out how to properly grow white sage indoors and what exactly it would entail! I hope you can help, I’m confident an expert like yourself would be able to lend some sound advice and a little guidance, if you have a little time to spare.

I live in Ohio and I would like to commercially grow white sage (salvia apiana) indoors. In a perfect world, there would be around 1,000 plants that I could trim/harvest a couple of times per year but I’m not so sure this is feasible.

What would it take to commercially grow indoors? Any special instruction for lighting intensity, distance from the plant and length of exposure?

Should the air remain a consistent temperature or a variable? Humid or not very humid?

Would it be possible to utilize some sort of 2 or 3 tier rack system to save on space? What would the lifespan of a healthy plant be and how large would it grow over that period of time?

Any help and information you could provide would be incredibly valuable and I would be very grateful! I appreciate your time and hope to hear from you soon!

Thank you

Jack

• Author
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.