Q & A

Welcome to the Planet Natural Garden Forum! Whether you’re new to gardening or have been at it for some time, here you can search existing messages for answers to your questions or post a new message for others to reply to. If this is your first visit, please read over our forum instructions carefully before posting. Enjoy!

#252220 Reply

E. Vinje

Hello Sinead!

There are a lot of different types of winter cherry trees, so I won’t be able to fully help you, but I can give you a few suggestion.

First off, I recommend using clay pebbles in a saucer with water to set your cherry tree on top of as a form of humidity rather than misting it so often as that can encourage disease problems. If your foliage isn’t showing symptoms (wilting, scabs, moldy coatings, rusts, blotches or rotted tissue), you’re probably still in the clear.

Another suggestion would be to hand pollinate your winter cherry as most types can’t pollinate themselves. If you don’t do this, it won’t be able to produce fruit, hence why there are none. You can do this by simply gently rubbing a q-tip on each blossom and mixing it with another. Simple, but important.

Hope this helps!