Q & A

Welcome to the Planet Natural Garden Forum! Whether you’re new to gardening or have been at it for some time, here you can search existing messages for answers to your questions or post a new message for others to reply to. If this is your first visit, please read over our forum instructions carefully before posting. Enjoy!

#236747 Reply

If you are going for a certified organic garden, you may have some trouble. It can take quite awhile for pyrethriods to fully rid themselves of your garden. It may also strip honey you get from your bees of their organic title as well as trace amounts of the spray could possibly end up back at the hive. If you aren’t concerned about holding that title on your garden or honey, I wouldn’t worry too much about it as nothing else can really be done to reverse the damage done.
As for the hydroseeding that happened, I can’t give an honest answer seeing as I’ve never had any experience with it. I would talk directly to the company so they can either confirm or deny certified organic practices.
The bees however, should be just fine. We have a couple hives here in town and we have no idea what our neighbors are spraying around them, but they’ve survived it all.
Keep your chin up!