Q & A

Welcome to the Planet Natural Garden Forum! Whether you’re new to gardening or have been at it for some time, here you can search existing messages for answers to your questions or post a new message for others to reply to. If this is your first visit, please read over our forum instructions carefully before posting. Enjoy!

#209077 Reply

mhonnold

I found the video at the bottom of the Rose Gardening Guru page to be quite helpful in my rose growing endevors! Keep in mind, there are a wide variety of species that will tolerate, or even enjoy cold weather. Choosing a variety to fit your climate will help to ease the headaches of learning to grow a new plant. I used a USDA hardiness zone map and compared my zone to an heirloom rose link (link no longer available) and discovered what type would fit my climate. Roses have a bushing growth habit, meaning you’ll need pretty big pots in order for them to achieve their full potential. The size of the pot will depend upon the type of rose. Check out this handy dandy list here https://www.heirloomroses.com/info/care/how-to/rose-container-gardening/

Good luck with your roses!
Happy Planting :)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  E. Vinje.