Chemical-free weed control that lasts 20 years! Weed-Shield Weed Barrier blocks out weeds while allowing water, air and nutrients to pass through to the soil. Easy to use, just place on the soil and cover with a mulch. Professional grade. Garden Staples (sold separately) can be used to help secure the landscape fabric.
• Rated #1 for stopping weeds by 8 university studies
• Professional grade fabric is designed for permanent applications
• Moisture, fertilizers, air reach plants to allow for healthy soil
• Durable, tear-resistant; won’t rot or mildew
• Lightweight and easy to install
• Ideal for use in landscaped beds, under decks and walkways
• Patented dual-layer material with a 20-year weed-free guarantee
EASY ONE-TIME INSTALLATION:
STEP 1: Unroll Weed-Shield and cut material to desired length. Fit (black side up – gray side down) around plants or cut slits in material to fit over plants. Overlap adjacent sections at least 3-inches. Secure ends of material to the ground with garden staples (optional).
Note: Leave openings for daffodils, tulips and other bulbs so they can emerge from the ground in spring.
STEP 2: Install new plants by cutting X’s in Weed-Shield at the location of each new plant. Plant shrubs, trees and small plants through the material into the soil beneath.
STEP 3: Cover with layer of organic mulch. Cover completely with a 2 inch layer of pine needles, shredded bark or wood chips (or a thin layer of landscaping pebbles).
Small weeds may germinate in the top mulch but can easily be removed by hand since the roots will not penetrate the fabric.