Sphagnum Moss (Sphagnum cristatum) is recognized worldwide as a a premium orchid growing substrate. Ideal for both commercial and hobby growers, Besgrow is a versatile product renowned for its low pH (4.8), robust petals and large, feathery strands; it is long lasting with an excellent water holding capacity. Use to line hanging baskets too!
• Harvested from sustainable bogs in New Zealand
• Feathery, long strands provide unmatched capillary action
• Highly adaptable orchid medium for phalaenopsis and other epiphytes
• Excellent for revitalizing orchids with roots lost to rot
• Robust structure lasts a long time in the pot (4 to 5 years)
• Naturally low in soluble salts and will NOT absorb fertilizer salts
To re-hydrate Spagmoss soak in warm water. The moss will increase in size (package expands to 3.17 US gallons). Gently squeeze out excess water prior to use.