The Yard Butler Home Lawn Aerator reduces compaction and thatch to let air, water, and fertilizer down to the root zone. Healthy roots are essential for a healthy lawn. Core aeration also stimulates root growth by “pruning” the roots. As an added benefit, the removed cores deposit valuable micro-organisms on the lawn surface.
• Removes two 1/2″ plugs, 3-1/2″ long
• Reduces soil compaction, water run-off and puddling
• Lets air, water and fertilizer down to the roots
• Breaks down thatch
• Promotes vigorous root growth, strengthening tolerance to drought and heat stress
• Extra durable, all steel construction
• Guaranteed Forever!
Size: 37″ x 10″ wide
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
STEP 1: Water lawn thoroughly and allow to soak in.
STEP 2: Place foot in stirrup and step down firmly; pull straight up.
STEP 3: Repeat every 6 to 12-inches or more often in highly compacted areas.
STEP 4: Each new core ejects the previous one. Leave cores on top of lawn; do not rake up.
STEP 5: Clean out ejector tubes after final use or if tube becomes clogged.
Lawns can be aerated any time the ground is not frozen, but should NOT be done when temperatures are extremely hot and dry. Heavily traveled areas will need to be aerated more frequently.