A rain garden is a living system, one that regards the water that passes through your land as a recurring resource rather than a one-time pass-through. Woelfle-Erskine and Uncapher bring their considerable experience as water conservation experts to play in Creating Rain Gardens — a graphically rich book that will let you get your feet wet in a hurry! By Cleo Woelfle-Erskine and Apryl Uncapher. Paperback, 203 pp.
Key Features Include:
• Planning, planting and maintenance of rain gardens
• Tons of case studies!
• Ephemeral pools and bioswales
• Living roofs and permeable patios
• The watershed: collaborations on common waters
• Resources guides to books and films, education and water policy, plants, guides, case studies and forums.
“A must-have for anyone who wants to maximize their water efficiency in the garden.” – Novella Carpenter, author of Farm City and The Essential Urban Farmer