Q & A

Welcome to the Planet Natural Garden Forum! Whether you’re new to gardening or have been at it for some time, here you can search existing messages for answers to your questions or post a new message for others to reply to. If this is your first visit, please read over our forum instructions carefully before posting. Enjoy!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 4 years, 7 months ago.

• Weeds in and around compost

Created by Anonymous on
  • Author

Anonymous

I understand that compost is nutrient-rich, but this is ridiculous! I have two side-by-side compost structures made of wood and chicken wire, which I alternate year to year. The weeds (including poison ivy) in and around the structure are making stirring my compost really difficult. I've been spraying white vinegar on the weeds outside the structure, which I understand will take some time but will kill them eventually. Will this change the pH of my compost, affecting the quality? If so, what are alternative options?
    I realize that pulling the poison ivy would be most effective, however I've never successfully avoided getting a rash from it, and so have avoided it completely. Now the vines are big enough that they'd have to be dug out.
    Any advice? Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.