Q & A

Welcome to the Planet Natural Garden Forum! Whether you’re new to gardening or have been at it for some time, here you can search existing messages for answers to your questions or post a new message for others to reply to. If this is your first visit, please read over our forum instructions carefully before posting. Enjoy!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 11 months ago.

• Using old tires for raised beds.

Created by Anonymous on
  • Author

Anonymous

I've done it before, and have even grown up to a 30 pound squash in a car tire, but now I'm going to do some growing in some tractor tires and heavy equipment tires,,,,wish me some luck! :)

I put in a bunch of Irises in some car tires this fall, some were from dividing them of the ones I had planted in car tires a few years ago that had grow vigorously in them, and some were from dividing the ones at my moms, I got given some that I put in the regular flower beds in the front yard too. :)

Last spring I made a raised bed in the front yard out of old railroad ties, it has a Japanese Tree Lilac in the center, and I have been adding flowers around it, including of course some of the Irises and volunteer sunflowers from my bird-feeder. I put down stone mulch to keep pets from digging in the soft soil, and conserve moisture.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.