Q & A

Welcome to the Planet Natural Garden Forum! Whether you’re new to gardening or have been at it for some time, here you can search existing messages for answers to your questions or post a new message for others to reply to. If this is your first visit, please read over our forum instructions carefully before posting. Enjoy!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Anonymous 6 years, 8 months ago.

• starting trees on harsh dry windy site

Created by Anonymous on
  • Author

Anonymous

On my property is pour gravley soil, infact it is so gravley that it is to the point that it drains to fast, in the rare instance that we get an inch or more of rain the soil will be bone dry on the surface agin often in two to three hours. We have much of the year with twenty mile an hour or more wind and not many days brake, if any, frome it. How can organics work a miricale for me and my property? I have had no luck getting any thing but the tuffest of the potted trees, and bushes to even try to grow here.

#13883 Reply

Anonymous

Since I last posted I found a book at the library called Rain Water Harvesting For Drylands. This book has given me new hope in growing trees on my property. The book tells things like how to use rocks to slow down runoff so it will soak in the ground, also has information on what you need to do to colect rain water from your roof (for household use).
    Also I fixed my old bagging mower, so now I can colect clippings to multch around my trees and bushes. I know I never wanted to bagg clipings agin, the clippings feed the grass and keep weeds from germinating, but they also conserve moisture for trees.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.