Q & A

Welcome to the Planet Natural Garden Forum! Whether you’re new to gardening or have been at it for some time, here you can search existing messages for answers to your questions or post a new message for others to reply to. If this is your first visit, please read over our forum instructions carefully before posting. Enjoy!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lilypotter 5 years, 5 months ago.

• rose bush

Created by Anonymous on
  • Author

Anonymous

I have the chance to dig up a 6' rose bush and plant in my yard. what is the best way to do this and once done, what's the best method to ensure the rose bush stays healthy in its new home? thanks

#13965 Reply

lilypotter

First thing you need to think of is to plant the rose bush in good soil, and provide a location with good sun light, and ample air circulation.
    Secondly the right soil mix is important.
    mix one-third good quality commercial potting soil, one-third hearty garden compost and one-third composted mushroom or steer manure. It is beneficial to the rose to add one cup of bonemeal to the soil. I also suggest adding 1 cup of fishmeal, and a cup bloodmeal. This soil combination, will assure you roses that will produce many hearty blooms over the growing season.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.