Q & A

Welcome to the Planet Natural Garden Forum! Whether you’re new to gardening or have been at it for some time, here you can search existing messages for answers to your questions or post a new message for others to reply to. If this is your first visit, please read over our forum instructions carefully before posting. Enjoy!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  produce guy 4 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

produce guy

i helped a freind make a compost pile last year in january,its about 10ft.long x6ft.wide and about4ft.high,we added about 35 bags of leaves and 20-50 lbs. of coffee grounds,bone and blood meal,cow and horse manure and water,turned it about every5-8 days added a little more grass clippings and magic he has perfect dark brown-to-black compost.He wanted to buy some fancy tumbler,but I told him it was a waste of money and for alot less$$$$,I could build him abetter one.Free chicken wire and some free hard black plastic pallet liners I got from a grocery store(for free).a nice sunny/shade spot and some worms and a little over a year later perfect compost,plus a science project for his kids and their school.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.