Q & A

Welcome to the Planet Natural Garden Forum! Whether you’re new to gardening or have been at it for some time, here you can search existing messages for answers to your questions or post a new message for others to reply to. If this is your first visit, please read over our forum instructions carefully before posting. Enjoy!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 3 years, 6 months ago.

• box elder beetles

Created by dawnslight on
  • Author

dawnslight

My flower gardens have been taken over by the box elder beetle. But I have three dogs and I need something that will not hurt them and at the same time get rid of the box elder beetles which are on everything.

#14022 Reply

Anonymous

if you can have them where you live.

I've been told before the box elder beetles are harmless, unless they annoy you!

#14025 Reply

dawnslight

Thankyou Smity but I live in the city and we can not have chickens.
    Yes they do annoy me like you would not beleive. They cover not only my flowers but all my stone walls, yard lights which light my gardens and water gardens. They are everywere in summer and fall.

#14029 Reply

Anonymous

how do i get rid of the thousands of box elder bugs devouring my milkweed without harming or detering the monarch caterpillars or butterflies i planted the milkweed FOR.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.